THE MARCUS DAVIS TEACHER TRAINING AND LANGUAGE THERAPY CENTER
Orton-Gillingham Teacher Training
- The Orton-Gillingham Multisensory
Structured Language Winter Teacher Training Institute I starts February 16th, 2017 ( See Orton
I page for details and to apply to attend the
- A variety of multisensory structured language professional
development activities are offered.
- The Institutes teach the course work for the Associate Level for AOGPE and the Teaching Level for IMSLEC.
- A variety of shorter half-day, day and 2 day workshops are
to be offered, including techniques for teaching spelling, and writing Orton-Gillingham lesson plans.
- Two day workshops will be offered for teaching written
- Tutoring Sessions are $50 an hour.
- Fifty minute Classic Orton-Gillingham lessons are
- Enrollment must be for Two, Three or more days a week.
- These lessons "teach out" the reading disability.
- They ameliorate the spelling difficulty.
- They teach cursive handwriting to form a clear gestalt of
- Sessions for written expression of expanded sentences and paragraphs are available.
- Mathematics lessons are available on the same schedule.
- Computer Competency lessons, Art lessons and individual Social Studies and Science tutoring are also available.
- Greenhills School has offered an elementary / middle school for children with
dyslexia or specific language learning disabilities.
- We are not planning on reopening the elementary school or high school.
- The school brochure below shows pictures from the 1997-1998
school year when Greenhills School had a high school. The text
continues to reflect the current programming.
- Please visit the main Greenhills School website at www.greenhillsschool.ws
For information call 336.924.4908 or e-mail email@example.com